According to Fox News, the Pentagon has announced that it killed 150 ISIS additional fighters in an airstrike in eastern Syria on Saturday.
As you know, ISIS has been collapsing under President Trump, and it’s aggressive actions like these that make it possible!
Here’s the breaking report from Fox News:
The airstrike took in one of the last remaining pockets of ISIS control along the Euphrates River near the border between Syria and Iraq, according to a statement from U.S. Central Command, responsible for American forces in the Middle East.
While ISIS has lost 98 percent of its territory, the remaining 2 percent held by the terror group includes an area around the Syrian city of Al-Shaafah, where the strike took place. Top U.S. military officials believe the head of ISIS, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, is hiding in the area.
U.S.-backed fighters in the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF) “assisted in target observation prior to the strikes,” according to a statement announcing the airstrike.
The target for the American aircraft was an ISIS headquarters with a “heavy concentration” of ISIS fighters, who were preparing to leave the area, according to the statement. The head of U.S. commandos in Iraq and Syria said the strike shows ISIS has not been defeated.
“The strikes underscore our assertion that the fight to liberate Syria is far from over,” said Maj. Gen. James Jarrard, commanding general of the special operations joint task force.
— Fox News (@FoxNews) January 24, 2018
President Trump has constantly touted the success of the United States’ fight against ISIS:
ISIS is in retreat, our economy is booming, investments and jobs are pouring back into the country, and so much more! Together there is nothing we can’t overcome–even a very biased media. We ARE Making America Great Again!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 18, 2018
He’s doing EXACTLY what we hired him to do! I can’t wait to see what else comes in the next 7 years!